This program is expected to produce graduates capable of undertaking high quality research and applying the same in bridging the gaps between policy and practice in agribusiness; agribusiness operations and technology and maintain a competitive advantage in public and private agribusiness activities siloed in Tanzania, Africa and beyond.
On successful completion of the PhD – Agribusiness studies, students will expectedly demonstrate mastery of the following:
- Skills related to development, implementation and management strategies in agribusinesses.
- Techniques for solving complex problems related to contemporary economic, industrial and business analyses.
- Approaches to undertaking research and comprehensive industrial analysis of agribusiness micro and macro variables affecting economic development.
- Techniques and skills related to characterization, monitoring, and predicting changes in the agribusiness value chains/agricultural sector and use the changes to design responsive strategies, policies and forecast market structures, conducts and performance.
- Master degree in the areas of agricultural economics, agribusiness, agricultural and natural resource economics and other relevant master degrees with GPA of not less than 3.0 in a 5-point system, or B grade and above in case of the unclassified degrees.
- Candidates with Master degrees and qualifications in fields/disciplines that are considered not to be directly relevant to and compatible with PhD in Agribusiness shall be required to take and pass relevant remedial courses as shall be deemed appropriate by the Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome . Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made